Stoneline WX-9176 2-Piece Fry Pan Set

Stoneline WX-9176 2-Piece Fry Pan SetAfter reading some of the other reviews and of course watching the infomercials I was epxecting miracles. I didn't get them.

To be frank I've only used one of these pans once but the results merited this review.

I don't expect the preformance to improve with time.

I did season the pans according to the directions and used the larger one to make a large omlet. I expected the omlet to simply slide out of the pan. It did not and required a bit of encouragement. I was a little surprised at the "residue" that stayed behind in the pan.

The pan was placed off to the side away from a heat source.

After we finished the meal (omlet was fine but no different than any other) I immediately went to the pan fully expecting to wipe it out with a paper towel. That didn't happen either.

I ended up having to soak the pan for a few minutes and then scrub it out with an all putpose non-scratch type scrubber sponge. A few places required a tiny bit of work.

I guess the pans are OK but in no way did this one live up to the hype.

I consider it to be middle of the road non-stick cookware at best. I've used many other non-stick pans that I liked better.

Honestly I regret the purchase and wish I'd stayed with stainless or cast iron.

And incidentally although Stoneline calls this is a "German product" on their website, I find this deliberately misleading.

The pans are made in China.

I'm not a culinary professional but a good home cook. Pan was used on a high-end gas range.



I am a retired food service professional with over 23 years experience.

Saw the ads for the Stonedine and balked at buying a whole $300 set.

One review I read stated that the Stonedine and Stoneline pans are made by the same manufacturer.So I gave the Stoneline pans a try. Stoneline WX-9176 2-Piece Fry Pan Set

It took a looong time for them to arrive, but I have to say they under-promised and over-delivered as the items arrived well before the original estimated ship date.

Received my pans in excellent condition and could not wait to give them a go.So after washing and seasoning according to directions, I made a two egg cheese omelette inthe small pan with absolutely no oil in the pan.

Once the eggs set up a bit, I was able to flip the omelette with a flick of the wrist.I purposely let the cheese weep out of the omelette a bit and then let it brown. The whole shebang slid out of the pan and onto the plate with ease. It was easily the best I've ever made, and I've made tens of thousands of them.

Oh, and once done with my snack and the pan had cooled a bit,I cleaned it with a soapy PAPER TOWEL, not that it even needed that.

I am thoroughly impressed and can't wait to make pancakes in it.

Although, obviously, I can't speak as to the durability of the coating, it seems pretty robust and time will tell.If one doesn't have to pry food off the bottom of the pan to turn it or use a scouring pad to clean it, it seems to follow that the surface should last indefinitely.Best fry pan I've ever used.

That being said, I can't imagine why one would need the stock pot or some of the other offerings with this coating.The fry pans, however, are a home run.

Buy Stoneline WX-9176 2-Piece Fry Pan Set Now



I bought my stoneline pans a year and a half ago. The larger one is used more often and has many scratches. I have only used plastic or silicon utensils and always washed with a sponge or rag. There are bubbles which I can only imagine come from the medium-high temperatures. I read another review just now that also had the bubbles on her large pan. Lastly, once I made a dish with either paprika or red tomato sauce the pan never came totally clean again. It is discolored much like plastic that goes through the dishwasher after spaghetti night. My smaller one looks great, but in a family our size we rarely use the tiny pan. I wouldn't be so annoyed except that they cost so much most and promise so much.

Read Best Reviews of Stoneline WX-9176 2-Piece Fry Pan Set Here

1. I bought the 2-piece fry pan set because of all the positive revues on Amazon.

2. I assumed that the pan was made in Europe but the label on the box said China. Amazon

should indicate if a product is made in China. I do not want things from China.

3. I,ve used the large pan a lot and after about 6 months, I noticed small bumps on the

frying surface like air bubbles. I,ve always rinsed the pan in hot water and scrubbed

it down with a soft sponge. The bumps have increased in number after each use and I

have rubbed the pan down with oil and paper towel and bits of coating have been coming

off on the paper towel. The pan in the area where the bumps were is now turning into

a big white splotch.

4. I am still using the pan although I am not sure if it is safe to do so. The pan did

perform well for 6 months or so but I will be looking for a new pan soon.

5. For the price I paid, I do not recommend this pan to others.

6. I have bought many items from Amazon and this is the first time that I have been

dissappointed.

Want Stoneline WX-9176 2-Piece Fry Pan Set Discount?



I purchased the Stoneline set of rather over-priced pan set because I was a "victim of advertisement": I was impressed with some TV ads showing the guy scratching the pan's surface with some very rough objects (knives, even sand paper, I think!) and the surface remained undamaged. I was also impressed with numerous reviews indicating that one can use little or even no oil on it and still nothing sticks to the pan's surface.

Here are some of my observations/comments:

1. For some reason, I though it will be true "made in U.S. of A." stuff and it turned to be your regular Chinese mass-production

2. I don't like the way the handle is attached to the pan: it is not loose yet but once it gets loose (unavoidably), there is no way to fix it

3. The surface is NOT as resistant as advertisement say: after two weeks of use, I've noticed the bigger pan having some minor scratches on the surface and I never used knife, forks or sand paper on it just Teflon-made kitchen spatulas

4. Eggs and pasta do stick to the surface no mirakles

5. It takes much longer time to preheat these pans; therefore, in the morning, when I am making my omelet, I have to start 3-5 min. earlier

6. The size of the small pan is a little too small, but hte big one is okay.

7. Over-priced

8. Over-advertised

There is something positive about it, too:

1. The handle, while being made of metal, is not getting hot regardless of how long you use the pan

2. The design is very appealing

3. The pan's bottoms ARE flat and have 100% contact with the stove's surface

0 comments:

Post a Comment