Bodum Chambord 21 by 21 cm, 8.3 by 8.3-Inch Cast Iron Enamel Grill Pan, Black

Bodum Chambord 21 by 21 cm, 8.3 by 8.3-Inch Cast Iron Enamel Grill Pan, Black ()You can't always be traipsing outside to use the grill, unless you live in the right part of the world for it or else have a very sheltered area. I love the way this grill pan brings the grilling indoors. True, it's got a small cooking area (21 centimeters square, just over 8 inches) but that's big enough for two hamburgers or a couple of small steaks or some vegetables. The pan has rather deep ridges, so the food rests above any fat that cooks out of it--and your food is embellished with very pretty grill marks.

This is a product that really begs the reviewer to mention pros and cons, so I will mention the most notable of them, starting with the negatives so I can finish with the good points:

CONS:

* This pan is heavy! Six pounds.

* Comes without a whisper of information on care or use of the product (this is not acceptable).

* The stainless steel handle stays cool and is easy to hold, but it seems to be just a bit loose from the get-go. Anyone have a foot-long screwdriver I can borrow?

* Speaking of the handle, does it have to be QUITE so long? I have room to store it, but do you?

* Takes some soaking and scrubbing to clean.

* The sides are low and there is some spatter, though less than I expected.

* Arrives from Amazon in a carton that's almost as big as a kayak.

PROS:

* It's sturdy; not going to warp or dent or deteriorate. Investment kitchenware.

* It's preseasoned and cooks beautifully with minimal oil.

* Works on any kind of burner (mine is electric).

* I love my black one but it does come in several bright enameled colors too.

* According to the Bodum site, you can put it in your dishwasher (if the handle fits).

* Though the price is steep, it compares favorably to other top-quality brands of cast-iron cookware.

So if you have the muscle, and the space in your kitchen for a specialized item like the Bodum Chambord grill pan, go for it because this is an excellent piece of equipment that you're sure to enjoy using for years and years.

Linda Bulger, 2011



()I love this because most of the grease that used to be on my steaks is now at the bottom of the pan. The only thing that would improve this is if they made a lid for it, because I feel like the grease is floating aroundthe kitchen everytime I cook meat without a lid. It is really well made though and should last a lifetime. Don't drop on your toes or you might break them since this is really heavy! If it wasn't this heavy though, it wouldn't last long. It's really easy to clean too.

Buy Bodum Chambord 21 by 21 cm, 8.3 by 8.3-Inch Cast Iron Enamel Grill Pan, Black Now



()I've never been a big fan of grill pans I've always found that they don't sear well and are generally disappointing when compared to grilling on a real grill. The Bodum Chambord is the first grill pan I've used that works as advertised. The substantial cast-iron build means that once the pan gets hot it retains it's heat so it cooks the food faster, the small size means that it is easy to store in the kitchen and the grilling surface cleans up very easily. I've grilled everything from veggies, to burgers and dogs to sandwiches and they all came out great.

If you've never used a cast iron pan before they take longer to heat up so you have to be patient before you put your food on. The upside to this wait is that the pan also takes longer to cool down. While this pan isn't stuitable as a total relacement for a grill it's a nice option if you just want to grill indoors. I couldn't be happier with this pan.

Read Best Reviews of Bodum Chambord 21 by 21 cm, 8.3 by 8.3-Inch Cast Iron Enamel Grill Pan, Black Here



()I am a vegetarian so I am not cooking steaks or chops on this pan, but I do cook things like veggie burgers and grilled cheeses, etc. I like the pan, although there are two things about it that are somewhat bothersome: you have to be extremely careful to cook your food evenly on it, otherwise the food easily burns and this makes for a difficult clean up. And, speaking of cleanup, the pan is difficult to clean in general, especially when food gets between the grooves; the other night I cooked some sauerkraut next to my veggie burger, and it was a minor nightmare cleaning the sauerkraut remnants later. So as long as you're careful not to let items burn and as long as you're choosy about only cooking items that won't be terribly difficult to clean up after, this is a good pan. I use it often and like it, even though I feel like I have to be especially careful when using it, in a way I wouldn't with another pan.

Want Bodum Chambord 21 by 21 cm, 8.3 by 8.3-Inch Cast Iron Enamel Grill Pan, Black Discount?



()I ordered this cast-iron grill pan, because I Love Grilled Peppers.I received a versatile grill pan that cooks evenly and delivers exactly what it's made to deliver: beautifully grilled food.

HERE ARE THE PROS:

1) If you're cooking meat, it keeps it above the oil. And it cooks it evenly, too.

2) The secondary handle makes it easy to lift and drain oil out of the pan.

3) Grilling vegetables is very simple -and they come out looking like I went to the trouble of borrowing my neighbor's barbeque.

4) Clean up is quick, *if* you wash the pan while it's still warm. (Don't allow it to sit with grease on it. No. Do not. It's NOT fun cleaning it cold. I speak from experience.)

5) Makes neat grilled sandwiches; they look " professional and everything." The kids also announced said sandwiches looked Expensive. (I made paninis with sun-dried tomatoes and cheese.)

6) The sides are low enough for easy serving.

7) Good, solid grill pan for the price.

8) At 8.3"x8.3" it's the perfect size for most stove-top grilling.

HERE'S THE CON:

1) This pan is very heavy. I'm disabled, and I must have help lifting and cleaning it if I'm tired and/or in pain.

I LOVE this Bodum Chambord pan! I recommend it without reservation.I cook vegetables three times daily, and it's a pleasure and a joy to have the option of indoor grilling.Just be aware when you order that you're getting the Real Deal -a grill pan designed to last a lifetime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment