Lodge Logic L10CF3 Pre-Seasoned Chicken Fryer with Iron Cover, 5-Quart

Lodge Logic L10CF3 Pre-Seasoned Chicken Fryer with Iron Cover, 5-QuartThis is the first cast iron product that I had ever purchased. I was using layered stainless steel and nonstick cookware until I got tired of either having food stick on the stainless steel wok or several nonstick pans peeling after just two years of heavy use for each pan. I really enjoy using this 5-quart fryer. After only a dozen or so uses and it starts to show its' nonstick properties. It is vital to preheat the pot to sear the food properly so it will not stick. Cast iron is heavier compared to what I am used to, so cleaning this pot can be a chore at times.

I enjoy eating lots of rice, noodles, and pastas. Making fried rice on this pot taste really great (a good portion of eggs is crucial to good fried rice). A healthy diet should limit the intake of foods cooked in high heat (prolonged stir fry, grilling, deep frying). I pretty much use this to cook my daily meals as it adds more flavor when the meats are seared and not simply boiled like what my stainless steel wok did. I substitute a portion of oil with water and dry spices and the food still turns out quite tasty. I think every family should have a cast iron cookware since you can use it anywhere: campfire, stovetop, oven, and bbq grills. I have owned this pot for 3 months now and I have yet to deep fry anything on it. This pot is very versatile and I use it to cook everything.

I learned it is important to not use any harsh detergent or any detergents at all when washing cast iron cookware. If it does start to rust, it should come off quite easily if you boil water in the pot and then scrub it with a steel brush. Proper care is important when storing cast iron pots for a long period of time. I heat up the pot after cleaning it in hot water, and I spread an even layer of oil all over the pot before I close the lid. It is recommended to use vegetable oil, but I only use canola oil these days and it works the same. I heard that cast iron gets better with age, and I really look forward to seeing that statement come true.



I was considering this 5-qt chicken fryer but chose the 5-qt Dutch Oven instead.

The Dutch Oven has 1-3/4" less diameter and 3/4" more depth for $35 less.For that I can fry my chicken in the Dutch Oven (I don't think the chicken will object, probably won't notice any difference at all :-)

And, imo, these utensils are just too heavy to "handle by a handle" (!!), the loops suit me better.Either way, it's going to take two hands to handle this whopper.

If you like math: this Dutch Oven has about 9 sq. inches less (a 3" x 3" square) than the Fryer.Well, that's about three drumsticks, I guess.And the extra depth of the DO doesn't help, one doesn't stack chicken to fry it; the idea is to have it all on the bottom.So, it all cooks down(!) to how much chicken you want to fry at one time.

The above is mostly for the fun of it, but it's true that I'm getting theDutch oven instead.Being a one-person household, it will fry all the chicken I can eat (at one sitting).Then I can do a tall pot roast, use that extra 3/4" depth.

:-)

Buy Lodge Logic L10CF3 Pre-Seasoned Chicken Fryer with Iron Cover, 5-Quart Now



I receivedthe original order with a broken handle and it was promply replaced with free pick up. The deep fryer is one product also that is hard to find. I have been looking for this type for a long time and I have not found them in other storeincluding big stores like bed and bath,wal Mart or other store . The priceis really right for me also.

Read Best Reviews of Lodge Logic L10CF3 Pre-Seasoned Chicken Fryer with Iron Cover, 5-Quart Here



We don't have an electric fryer of any kind. We use the 5 quart Lodge chicken fryer. I can't stand the smell of frying in my house so we use the burner on our grill outside and this works perfect. This fryer is extremely heavy. It is more shallow than a dutch oven. We have the 5 quart dutch oven also and the fryer seems like it is a thicker cast, probably to support the high temperatures of frying. You can really tell when you pick the pot up that it has some weight to it.

Everything we have cooked comes out perfect. The size of the pan is great for deep frying so you don't have to waste alot of oil. We have deep fried fish, french fries, onion rings, green tomatoes. And best of all, when you are done, it cleans up easily.

Want Lodge Logic L10CF3 Pre-Seasoned Chicken Fryer with Iron Cover, 5-Quart Discount?



Being the proud owner of several other Lodge cooking vessels, I boldly tried my hand at frying.All I can say is wow.

The chicken fryer works wonders on chicken, veal, and cube steak.All of the cast iron properties come in to play when using the fryer, and it provides the control and the stability needed when frying foods.The heavy weight gives it stability, and the heat retention properties mean that you can control your cooking efforts more efficiently.

Try the fryer, you won't be disapointed!

Save 1% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment