Lodge Logic L8SQ3 Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Square Skillet, 10.5-inch

Lodge Logic L8SQ3 Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Square Skillet, 10.5-inchWe bought this one to cook steaks without a grill (500F in a oven for at least half an hour to preheat the pan, then on the stove over big flames, then one minute for each side (oil the meat, not the pan, we use egg timer) and then back in the oven for 3-5 minutes till it is done your way).Like others, I recommend to fry some fat meat or bacon first, because while the pan is seasoned, the surface is NOT smooth and will benefit from some bacon frying a lot.

This pan is useable.My biggest complaint is that the cooking surface is not 10.5 inches, the top rim is.The cooking area is only about nine, which makes a huge difference.It isn't really even big enough to cookbacon, which is why I wanted a square pan. I use it for eggs and cornbread, but I think my cornbread tastes better in a round cake pan.I like the way it looks.I am not sure how well it was pre-seasoned.

Buy Lodge Logic L8SQ3 Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Square Skillet, 10.5-inch Now



Forget about your teflon pans.Sure, they are easier to clean, but this is a REAL PAN!It weighs enough to use as a deadly weapon, in case you have ever wanted to chase somebody with a frying pan.Aside from its weight, there is something great about cooking in this pan that is hard to describe.I imagined my grandmother making bacon and eggs in a pan like this.Like an old shoe, this pan gets better every time you use it.It heats up slowly and evenly, and I have a hard time burning anything in this pan.I use it both on the stovetop and on the extra side burner on our gas grill.Like the instructions say, you clean it only with hot water and a stiff brush--no soap or dishwasher.That would defeat the purpose of a cast iron pan, which is intended to be "seasoned" by the foods you cook in it.After cleaning with hot water, it is important to dry it completely and either spray or rub it with cooking oil (or olive oil) to keep it from rusting.We store ours in the oven, since the oily surface could transfer to those wimpy pots and pans hiding in your cabinets.If your husband doesn't like to cook, buy one of these.He will feel like a MAN cooking with one of these babies.I might also add that the price is incredibly cheap, especially considering that we will be using this pan long after those teflon pans end up in the donation box.This is the kind of pan you use for 10-20 years until your kids are so embarrassed by it that they threaten to throw it away.

Read Best Reviews of Lodge Logic L8SQ3 Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Square Skillet, 10.5-inch Here

I tought I was going to have to give up on cornbread baked in cast iron. No matter what I did, or how I treated the molds, everything stuck!, all the time. I literally spent hours trying to "cure" my molds and pans to no avail. This was my last effort and thank you Lodge Logic, it worked! I bought the 10 1/2" square skillet and what great results. It is also just the perfect size for a homemade cornbread recipe. I now also have the 12", the 8" and just ordered the dutch oven. I'm sold on Lodge Logic and AMAZON.com. So easy to order and items always arrive promptly. Thank you so much. Another great thing about shopping at Amazon.com is you can take all the time you need, research anything you're interested in, pick from hundreds of selections and you're not getting pushed and shoved andrushed down an aisle and still not finding what you're looking for. I find I'm doing most of my shopping at Amazon now, from kitchen, to shoes to jewelry. Thanks again.

Want Lodge Logic L8SQ3 Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Square Skillet, 10.5-inch Discount?

I love using this cast iron to cook my steak indoors.It has even heat distribution and sears the meat to perfection.Two medium sized steaks could fit side by side and it would cook the steaks to a good medium rare at medium to high heat for 5 minutes each side.Cast irons are the best cooking tools, they can outlive you and they even get better with long use.They make a good heirloom too... just imagine passing them down from one generation to another.

Save 26% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment