Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 10- and 12-Inch Omelet Pans, Set of 2

Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 10- and 12-Inch Omelet Pans, Set of 2I purchased a two pack of the 8 and 10" skillets from Macy's this past summer. All my pans work great. I find they are a bit like cast iron.Once they heat up (on medium), they retain their heat and cook evenly. I use medium heat, and can often get by with med-low. No warping or flaking yet. (The key is to not use any more heat than necessary excessive high heat can ruin most skillets) I also got a griddle which is the Calphalon One Infused Anodized their top line. I love it as well, and would purchase either again.I went mostly with the Contemporary line due to lower price. Be sure to read the packaging to see what line you are getting, as they have several lines out there.There is the 'infused anodized' and the 'hard anodized', nonstick and without the nonstick, etc.

Check out their website for more information.



These pans have excellent heavy bottoms. I don't have too many gripes, except it would have been nice if the handles were welded to the outside instead of being bolted in. Stuff will stick to the bolts.

I just cook neater and avoid the bolts, and I'm fine.

We use these pans for literally EVERYTHING that can be cooked on a stovetop!

SHIPPING was SUPER FAST!!!

*** UPDATE *** September 10, 2008

Excellent product UNTIL we had guests who "helped us" clean up and put them in our super heavy duty dishwasher... After that, the finish was never the same. I have ALWAYS hand washed my non stick pans. I'm afraid the trip through the dishwasher killed them. Now, our dishwasher is brutal, much more harsh than the average dishwasher, i have to admit.

We still use them, I'm a fan of the heavy bottoms and even distribution of heat. But now, I have to use cooking spray to keep food particles from sticking :(

Buy Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 10- and 12-Inch Omelet Pans, Set of 2 Now

These are the pans that get used in my house almost every day.They are heavy which distributes the heat evenly, but make the big one difficult to carry when it's full.The nonstick surfaces are better than most, but don't last forever.After about 4 years of frequent use, they started sticking a bit.

Read Best Reviews of Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 10- and 12-Inch Omelet Pans, Set of 2 Here



After 3 years of use, my skillets were starting to show wear on the bottom and the coating was just starting to come up a little bit.I've never put them in the dishwasher or used any utensils other than plastic but I know I have sometimes set the skillets inside of each other or let other dishes sit inside of them while in the sink.

I followed the instructions on Calphalon's web site for the warranty and returned the skillets paying about $12 for shipping.I didn't need an RMA number or to contact the company just wrote a letter outlining what they ask on the website (name, address, problem, etc.) and shipped (and tracked) them.About 2 1/2 weeks later in the mail I got 2 brand new skillets shipped to me from Calphalon same size and type I had sent to them, but brand new.

I'm very impressed with their customer service and plan on taking extra special care of my skillets and will hang them on a pot rack and make sure to not stack them in each other and follow all other instructions and hope that the coating doesn't come off.But, if it does, I know Calphalon will take care of it, and for $12 shipping much better than buying new skillets!

Want Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 10- and 12-Inch Omelet Pans, Set of 2 Discount?



A non-stick skillet is a kitchen workhorse.For today's home cooks, the skillet may serve its traditional role of frying and sauteing, but in addition, for the cook in a hurry, a follower of Jaques Pepin and Rachael Ray, the skillet may replace a pot when there are liquids to be reduced, since the wider top offers more room for evaporation.While a traditional skillet may be prefered for developing a fond, the carmelized bits of food that add flavor to a dish, many of us would sacrifice a bit of flavor for an easy clean-up. While non-stick skillets won't make a good pan sauce, they have an edge when it comes to cooking delicate foods such as eggs, or thin fish. Every cook whose aspirations go beyond microwaving a frozen dinner should have a competent 12" non-stick skillet.

That said, non-stick surfaces have a limited life, and so it's wisest to watch the price.The bargain price for these two pans is an attraction, although, while the box says it's a limited time offer, I've seen this deal at the same price for some time now.Beyond that, when Cook's Illustrated rated inexpensive non-stick skillets, their top rated 12" skillet was about $33 -not enough to break the deal.

That said, the two skillets for around $50 is a good value.While a 10" skillet may be less versatile than a 12", it may be a good idea to have one around if you have a small kitchen, or a smallish stovetop, and no way of fitting two large pans side by side.The sloping sides of this set, aside from having a modern look, are an aid in removing food neatly, and are a real boon for those trying to learn how to make a neat omlette.Durability seems good, and while heat distribution isn't perfect, it seems to be on a par with similar pans I've used.

The handles stay cool over long cooking time, and the non-stick coating generally cleans easily.

In sum, these are good everyday pans at a favorable, but not dramatically inexpensive price. If you're shopping for skillets in this general price range, the two-fer deal should rate a place on the short list, but there's no real wow factor. The price is good for the two pans together, but if you're unlikely to use them together, you may be better off with a marginally more expensive skillet at a lower net cost.

Save 70% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment