Bayou Classic 7470, Cast Iron Baking Pan, 20" x 3"

Bayou Classic 7470, Cast Iron Baking Pan, 20' x 3'You gotta love the party spirit of the Bayou Classic company. Rule #1 of their instructions warns thatit's for "sober adult operation ONLY!" You won't find that on a Cuisinart or Le Creuset pot! They also tell us how to season the pan with "solid vegetable shortening (Lard, Crisco or bacon drippings are best)". Maybe in the Bayou, vegetables are defined as things that aren't moving?

Cooking philosophy aside, everyone should find an excuse to buy this pan. It is massive and heavy, as all the reviewers have noted, and completely indestructible. Your great grand children will curse you for it because it's so large and hard to store.

My excuse was making sourdough baguettes using a version of the Jim Leahy no-knead bread recipe. I figured if it works to use a cast iron Dutch oven to capture the moisture from the dough, maybe I could do the same for baguettes in a pan like this if I covered it with aluminum foil or a sheet pan. So far I haven't got it right, but I'm having fun anyway. Maybe I should pay more attention to Rule #1...



This pan weighs a "ton" and will require extensive seasoning with crisco or "LARD"! Make sure you measure your oven width 'cause this puppy is wide. The finish is quite rough, so don't plan on pancakes till you've seasoned it many times. Instructions are vague at best,they mention NOT cooking"wet food" so I guess a cake or macs&cheese would present you with a cleaning/cussing situation. This is a definite "MAN PAN", meaning you better be in good shape cooking with it. We laughed like hell when we opened the box at it's size, almost returned it but did not. It's also a great conservation piece with fellow cooks. We'll eventually have it seasoned properly but it will take some time. Buy one, the price is right and will most likely still be in use after we leave this planet!!!

Buy Bayou Classic 7470, Cast Iron Baking Pan, 20" x 3" Now



I use my grill A LOT, and when I saw this pan I had to have it to make chicken in!I knew it was going to be large when I ordered it, but when I got it I was surprised just how large it was.I can easily put three chickens in it (and depending on size I have squeezed 4 whole chickens into this!)It evenly disburses the heat so that the chickens can roast nicely over low heat for hours without me worrying about the bottoms of the burning.I have used it on the top rack of my grill (yes, it is a LARGE grill LOL) over high heat to make an awesome crusty bread, I have used it in my conventional oven to make huge pans of corn bread and it has lived up to my expectations every time I have used it.

The Cons: It is LARGE!This is also one of the pros of this pan and the specific reason I purchased it.

No lid I would have LOVED LOVED LOVED a huge domed lid I just wonder if anyone could have lifted it then!

Storage you really need to think about where you are going to store this pan because it is approximately the size of a half sheet cake pan.I actually ended up putting to large nails into a wall in my pantry and I hang it instead of trying to find room in my cabinets.

The Pros: It is LARGE!Easily cooks 3 whole chickens with room for all that nice hot air to circulate and make them deliciously browned.

It's cast iron!Built to last, this pan will be something my son and his family will want when I am gone and it will be just as wonderful then as it is now!

The best thing about cast iron is how evenly it cooks, how durable it is over high heat, and how easily it cleans up if you are thinking about getting this pan think no more, jump in and do it!You'll love it!

Read Best Reviews of Bayou Classic 7470, Cast Iron Baking Pan, 20" x 3" Here



I got this as a roasting pan and could not be happier with it. It is huge. It is big enough to roast anything that you'd ever want to roast in your oven, from a whole turkey to a leg of lamb, or whatever. If you're cooking for a crowd, this is a great pan for cooking multiple roasts at once. Given that it is cast iron, you'll probably have it forever, and so will your grandkids. Because it is so huge, it might not get used quite as frequently as other pans, but still great to have on hand when you need it.

Want Bayou Classic 7470, Cast Iron Baking Pan, 20" x 3" Discount?

Fast prompt service and great shipping -this is a big pan -perfect for a charcoal BBQ and pulled pork sandwiches!Amazon is the best -other places had this at $79 plus shipping -I would definitely recommend and you should buy this form Amazon -best deal on the net---

Save 23% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment