Calphalon Unison Nonstick 8-Inch and 10-Inch Omelette Pan Set

Calphalon Unison Nonstick 8-Inch and 10-Inch Omelette Pan SetNearly 10 months ago I purchased this item at the same time as another product, Cuisinart FCT22-20NS French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless 8-Inch Nonstick Skillet, specifically to compare them and guide my future purchases. After extensive daily usage of both products I can share my perspective and hope it helps others. I will be comparing only the 8 inch Calphalon pan to the 8 inch Cuisinart.

The Cuisinart product is a classic pro-style pan that seemed perfect for what I was after. That said, I was drawn to the Calphalon product by the attractive pricing and decent product reviews I found here on Amazon and elsewhere on the web. I am an avid appreciator of omelettes and there is no better task to test the sticky-factor of a pan than with omelettes especially as I am a flipper, not a folder.

I found both the Cuisinart and Calphalon pans to have good feel to them. The handle design and the weight of the pans is slightly different. The Cuisinart handle arcs higher which I preferred a bit more. The slope of the sides of the pan on the Calphalon is steeper leaving a larger cooking surface area on the bottom. For an omelette flipper the Cuisinart's less dramatic slope made it easier. That said, after a couple weeks of use I could achieve the same results with either.

Both pans perform well as a non-stick surface product. Very little effort to keep things from sticking and it required little to no butter or oil to get that result from both. These surfaces on both pans seemed to perform better once "broken in" even though that's not generally a characteristic of this material.

Now for durability. I invest way too much in cooking gear to use sharp tools on them. So I stick with just plastic tipped tongs or a silicone spatulas. Period. Regardless of my efforts, both pans are showing signs of scratches on the cooking surface a very disappointing finding. The Cuisinart looks to have held off scratches much better than the Calphalon. I expect that to start affecting the non-stick capabilities in a couple years as the scratches worsen. Both items are labeled as dishwasher safe and I did take advantage of that and it worked out well. The external surface of the Calphalon is easier to care for than the stainless surface on the Cuisinart.

So, it would seem that for half the price the Calphalon performed very well against the Cuisinart. The longevity of the Cuisinart will likely be the differenciator in the long run. But since I received two pans for pretty close to the same price in the Calphalon offering it really does win my vote in the end.



I don't know if these pans were damaged or if they were just poorly finished, but I returned the original and the second set that were sent to me for the same reason.The first set had numerous scratches or dents on the edge of the pan along where the non stick surface finishes onto the anodized back.The 10" pan had the most.The 8" pan had that and a large dent smack in the middle of the cooking surface.The finish looked fine where the dent was, which leads me to believe it may have been like this out of the factory.

The second set I received also had the scratches as the first (one again, more scratching on the 10" than the 8").The 8" pan this time had discolorations in the finish, which are likely caused by poor application of the finish at the factory.

Overall, I'm not impressed, and certainly not for pans that are "list priced" for 200 dollars.In my opinion, Calphalon should package these better in the first place.1/3 of the pan isn't protected by the packaging at all.Not good when you're dealing with non sticks, where once the finish is damaged, you really shouldn't continue their use.

Buy Calphalon Unison Nonstick 8-Inch and 10-Inch Omelette Pan Set Now



I bought the set direct from Calphalon before it appeared elsewhere.The finish is wonderful, the food actually does slide from the pans.My warranty says they can be washed in the dishwasher.I like the weight, they seem to be more like the old made-in-USA Calphalon bought years ago and passed on to family as I have cut back in cooking.I needed good omelet pans (you'd be surprised how many eggs seniors eat (smile)) and these more than satisfied me.A cover I already own fits one pan and I have ordered a cover from Calphalon for the other pan.That's because I tend to use these pans for almost everything I cook, stir fries, sautees, sauces, meats, veggies, I just made BubbleNSqueak in the large pan yesterday and needed the cover for that dish to tenderize the cabbage.I recommend this set without hesitation.I am sorry I wasn't able to buy it from Amazon, I am a died in the wool customer of Amazon.I will buy more in the Unison line and it will be from Amazon.

Read Best Reviews of Calphalon Unison Nonstick 8-Inch and 10-Inch Omelette Pan Set Here



This Calphalon Unison Nonstick 8-Inch and 10-Inch Omelette Pan Set just arrived well packaged and in great condition from Amazon.I just wanted to show you on video what it looks like out of the box in case you are interested in how it is packaged which is perfectly!As you can tell from the video, they are GORGEOUS!

I was looking to purchase a new healthy pan to replace my Saladmaster 10" electric skillet that we use to cook silver dollar pancakes twice weekly. About two years ago we purchased an ultra-expensive titanium Saladmaster oil core electric skillet which over time has turned into you have to put tons of oil to be able to flip the pancakes; it is almost like you have to deep fat fry them now although it worked great at first. I first selected the The 10" Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri, with Textured Ceramic Non-Stick Coating (100% PTFE and PFOA Free) to try.We made 3 batches of 3 silver dollar pancakes the day after cooking a goat cheese scallion omelet in them; they both flipped ok and cleaned fine HOWEVER afterwards I noticed it had left a strange taste on the food both times; both items cooked in the pan left a strange taste in my mouth as well as made my mouth a little numb.It was similar to the sensations just prior to or just subsequent to your mouth being put to sleep for dental work.I decided it might be healthy for environment and easy to clean but possibly harmful to eat foods cooked in there!

So then after much research, I selected this Calphalon Unison Nonstick 8-Inch and 10-Inch Omelette Pan Set and I am so glad I did!My pancakes were so easy to flip the first time, I tried flipping them back over with just a fingernail and it worked!VERY NON-STICK.Cleaned up with a mere wipe of wet towel.Fantastic!And the pans left no weird aftertaste on the food or in our mouths nor numbed our mouths so these pans are keepers!They are beautiful and the perfect weight.I use them on a smooth top stove.Thank you Calphalon and Amazon for great healthy pans at a great price!

The only con for this pan set is for our dog who is very disappointed that each pancake comes out perfectly in our new Calphalon Unison Nonstick 8-Inch and 10-Inch Omelette Pan Set and wants to continue to get the pancakes that don't turn our right like she did with the Saladmaster electric pan....

Want Calphalon Unison Nonstick 8-Inch and 10-Inch Omelette Pan Set Discount?

I'm happy with these pans.I got a good price as well for the two pans through ekitchenworld/amazon. Really, really thick aluminum too, great handles.

I used the 8" yesterday for an over easy egg perfect! just slid out of the pan like it was on ball bearings!

I am happy that the pans say Toledo, Ohio, I have old Toledo Calphalon hard anodized that is just great and holding up beautifully.I also have some of the Chinese Calphalon it's lighter weight and the nonstick was really fragile, (I've tossed the nonstick).Just good to see them making quality pans stateside again!

Save 69% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment