Chef's Secret 5-Ply Stainless-Steel Griddle with Glass Lid

Chef's Secret 5-Ply Stainless-Steel Griddle with Glass LidI bought this griddle to replace a non-stick one that we have owned for years. My husband had heard so many things about the dangers of the chemical coatings entering food that he really wanted us to get rid of all our pots and pans and go to something "safer".

I had to admit that all my "coated" pans had deteriorated and been replaced many times because the coating just does not last....So, we decided to try stainless steel, even though my prior experiences with it years ago had meant sticky surfaces, uneven cooking and hard to clean.

The CHEF'S SECRET is a great, heavy-duty stainless griddle that is actually easy to clean (with a brillo or scrubber) and it cooks even better than the pans I have used in the past, including the non-sticks. You do have to have a good coating before cooking to avoid sticking, but we like olive oil and that seems to work well in addition to being good for you.

It has a nice heft to it and solid construction and I love having a lid available, particularly a glass one to keep an eye on the food.

I HIGHLY recommend this griddle for its abilities, construction and style!

UPDATE 3/2013: We are STILL using this griddle and you would never know to look at it that it isn't brand new. Has obviously held up great!

I'm not a fan of non-stick cookware or aluminum cookware.So the choices for pancakes are limited to stainless steel or cast-iron.I looked into purchasing a cast-iron griddle at a local store.It was a really nice piece.However, I didn't feel confident that I'd have the time to keep the iron "seasoned" to prevent it from rusting.Since this unit was double the price of the cast-iron griddle, I'd been eying it for a while, but hesitant to pull the trigger.Well I finally did.

First thing I noticed when I opened the box, is that this unit is very heavy, and seems well constructed.The instructions say to wash it before using, so I had to wait a day before trying it.I used cooking spray about 2 times for 15+ pancakes. It heats evenly on the stove and I was able to fit 3 pancakes at a time with ease.I was using a 12 inch fry pan before which only allowed one pancake at a time.Cleanup required steel wool, but not much elbow grease.I am definitely pleased with this purchase.

Buy Chef's Secret 5-Ply Stainless-Steel Griddle with Glass Lid Now

OMG, I have been trying to hold off on righting a review because I appreciate review from people who have really spent some time using the product to find out long term how they hold up.I bought in Jan. 2010 and love it!!! I cannot say enough good about it. Perhaps a little large for some people but that doesn't bother me at all. I cook one person meals on it all the time and like knowing I have room to cook more for company. It never sticks, everything cooks fast and even, clean up is a breeze. Have made eggs, pancakes, chicken, stir fry and grilled cheese on it.It is beautiful, substantial and versatile.Not one complaint.This will last a lifetime and then some. Just what I wanted, something to have and I need never look for another ever.I would give as gift (but if smaller size available that would be more appropriate for some). Love It!!!!!

Read Best Reviews of Chef's Secret 5-Ply Stainless-Steel Griddle with Glass Lid Here

So, I was tired of making pancakes in my small frying pan where I had to do one at a time...This allows me to make 3 small pancakes (or 2 medium) at a time with a few small sausages cooking to one side. I like that it's all stainless steel and that there's no teflon coating to worry about. Also, it does retain its heat, so once it's hot you can cook the pancakes faster...

The only thing I have to mention is that the original price listed was over $100, and the final price was so discounted to around $35 that it seemed like such a bargain. Well, it's a bit of false advertising. The box it comes in is one of those with infomercial graphics spinning one of those sales pitches like, "MSRP $100....but you get it for only $35!" It's true value is between $30-45, given the prices on similarly priced pots at a discount homeware place in NYC last week.

Want Chef's Secret 5-Ply Stainless-Steel Griddle with Glass Lid Discount?

I received this item and it looked well-made. When I placed it on my glass-top electric range, however, I noticed that it wobbled a bit and as a consequence didn't appear to heat up uniformly. I suppose if you have a gas range this would not be an issue.

Save 74% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment