Cuisinart GR-55 Griddler Stainless Steel Nonstick Grill/Griddle Combo

Cuisinart GR-55 Griddler Stainless Steel Nonstick Grill/Griddle ComboGriddle cakes and sausage, grilled salmon and vegetables, grilling burgers and toasting buns, the Cuisinart GR55 is a versatile compact counter top grill and griddle. The two double sided cooking plates are Teflon coated steel; they're easy to install and remove, and because the plates are non-stick and removable, they're a fast clean. I enjoy the fact can use both grill and griddle at the same time. This is great for cooking for my family, too, because it has plenty of grill surface. The plates always heat up evenly and quickly, and the temperature control gives me a ridiculous amount of control over my food's preparation. The excess grease, when using the grill side of things, runs off into a collection troth that neatly hides and stores inside the grill between the two plates. When releasing the spring-loaded plates from the grill, the rest grease gets collected in the troth as well. It's great to pull out on a lazy Saturday morning or for a quick meal before going out. I'm thoroughly impressed.



I first bought a Cuisinart GR-4 Gridder .But the instructions were absoulutly horrible(and I am a lawyer and know the art of understanding the written word). Also thte thing was bulky and awkward with the hinged top. So I sent it back and bought the GR-55 Gridder combo. Glad I did and wonder why I did not own one of these much sooner. Instructions are very easy to understand, everythingis intuitive in the operation, and it is very compact given the size of the cooking area. Grill plates are reversable so you can grillor griddle or any combination of the two. Heat is excellent and although I use it on top of our glass top stove,with the vent on low-I do not think I really need the vent. It is as close to smokless as I could hope for. Clean up is effortless . I have done skinless chicken, tenderloin steaks grilled cheese sandwiches, vegtables , shrimp and scallops and everything has turned out perfect.

I would highly recommend this model Cuisinart indoor grill and in fact am thinking of getting one for my son.

Only thing I would caution about is that heat up takes a few minuets longer than I am used to on my outdoor grill and be sure to give it plenty of time to cool down before you try to remove the grill plates for cleaning.

Buy Cuisinart GR-55 Griddler Stainless Steel Nonstick Grill/Griddle Combo Now



I thought I would love this, given the fact that there are two halves that can be kept at different heat settings, but once I was able to get a good look at it, I realized that the design went off the rails somewhere.Each pan is spring loaded from underneath, causing two major problems.The pans are tilted, so if you cracked an egg on them, it would run right down and out the grease drains.Secondly, each pan has to be clipped in (because of the spring loaded design) and the clips are made out of PLASTIC!Plastic clips will not survive in contact with metal hot enough to cook food.I am extremely disappointed with this, especially that I have to pay shipping to return the thing.

Read Best Reviews of Cuisinart GR-55 Griddler Stainless Steel Nonstick Grill/Griddle Combo Here



We've had the grill/griddle for about 3 weeks and it performs very well.Pancakes come out perfect as the griddle heats very evenly and quickly.We have not yet used the grill side but will soon.

The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because the drain holes really prohibit you from making scrambled eggs on it and if you want regular eggs you will need to move the egg to the far left or right or it will make it's way to and down the drain holes.

I'm sure because this is a grill and a griddle that they had to have the drain holes for grease when cooking burgers, etc. so I can understand the need.Just be aware that if you're looking at this for mostly griddle type function then I would go with a larger full blown griddle.If you plan on needing both this is a grate machine.

Want Cuisinart GR-55 Griddler Stainless Steel Nonstick Grill/Griddle Combo Discount?



We bought this to replace a 10-year old Hamilton-Beach that died on us. It cooks evenly and well. We grilled sliced summer squash, and each piece browned the same, no matter whether it was: in the center or at the far edge. Steak seared nicely, and cooked well. It's not as hot as a gas or charcoal grill, but then the Cancer Society is warning people about cooking meat at too high a temperature. The best part is that the heating element is separate from the grill plates, and the plates fit nicely in the lower rack of our dish washer; that and the included scraping tool make clean-up a snap.

Save 57% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment