Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 10-Inch Omelet Pan

Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 10-Inch Omelet PanThere are a lot of things to love about this pan. First, it's heavy enough to keep eggs from scorching. Second, it's truly non-stick...even using cooking spray, our omlettes slide out of the pan in one beautiful piece. Third, it's got great heat conductivity, which allows for even cooking (critical with omlettes, fried eggs, etc.) Fourth, it's so easy to clean, I reach for it for more than just cooking eggs. We use it as a small saute pan and our vegetables never stick.

The pan can also be put in the oven to keep food warm, a nice feature. This was a real find.



This is indeed a great pan, nonstick surface is wonderful and it conducts heat beautifully on my smooth cooktop.The coating did, however, bubble just to the side of the rivets inside the pan.

Buy Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 10-Inch Omelet Pan Now

We bought this pan 1 1/2 years ago and use it a lot, but the non stick part is coming off and we never put it in the dishwasher and only use the plastic utensils. so.. for $29.50 it's okay, but don't expect it to last a life time. calphalon will send you a new one, but you have to mail in your old one first...

Read Best Reviews of Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 10-Inch Omelet Pan Here



This pan is well worth the price that I paid for it. Cooks as expected and easy to clean.

But, I had to give it only four stars because the non-stick surface is starting to lift off a bit after only eight months of gentle 2-3 times a week use. I had expected a longer life for the "Triple-coated" nonstick surface.

UPDATE:December 17, 2009...ONE STAR for this cheap junk.

Within a few weeks after I wrote the first review the non-stick surface of the pan was peeling so badly that my wife stopped using it and hid it in the back of the cabinet. I found it there this November, and remembering that it had a "Lifetime Warranty" I shipped it back, via UPS per their instructions, at a cost that equaled 1/3 of what I paid for the pan.

Calphalon received my pan, which had been manufactured in Toledo, Ohio, on November 13, and today, December 17, I received a replacement pan back. Big problem though. The replacement pan I received back weighs about 30% less than the one I sent in, and the quality of workmanship is less than half the quality of the pan that I sent to them. So, the pan I received back is only worth about half the value of the pan that I sent in.

It was no big surprise to me to read on the carton that the new pan came in, "Made In China." Do not buy the "new" Calphalon pots and pans because you will NOT get what you pay for.

Want Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 10-Inch Omelet Pan Discount?



I have had this pan for several--maybe five--years; it didn't cost much, it's been used more than any other pan I own, it owes me nothing, and it is only now beginning to lose its non-stick properties. I do have a smooth cooktop; the pan has not warped. I've used it at many different temperatures, for both quick and long cooking.

I came here thinking about buying another one, and I read the reviews to see if I had merely been lucky, or if buying a replacement was a good idea.

After reading, I have concluded that my kitchen habits probably leave a lot to be desired. Well, I do use plastic utensils on it. But I long ago decided that if putting a pan in the dishwasher will ruin it, then ruined it will be. I have _never_ washed it by hand. I have not been careful about temperatures or storage. My theory about the water temperature for soaking is that if it needs to be soaked, the nonstick coating isn't working and it's time to buy another pan. It has received no TLC from me.

I admit that, because of the dishwasher, the outside of the pan looks pretty crappy--excuse me, I mean it looks a bit mottled and unattractive.However, its cooking properties have not been affected, and I don't display my pans, so who cares? Some probably do, but I don't.

At this age, it has lasted a very respectable time for an inexpensive nonstick pan, and I think I will indeed buy another one, particularly because the glass lid from the 10-inch everyday pan also fits this one.

Save 14% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment