Kuhn Rikon 6-Piece Duromatic Duo Pressure Cooker Set

Kuhn Rikon 6-Piece Duromatic Duo Pressure Cooker SetWe tried so many pressure cookers over the years as Indian Cooking demands heavy use of pressure cooking for making lentil soups and curries. We even tried few models from India but none could last more than a few years. Either they have problems with safety valves, handles, or they would become loose too often that requires tightenening of handles. If they last well, they were too bulky and takes almost forever to open and close the lid. Most annoying of all, they all make crazy sound that scares both my kids.

Kuhn Rikon pressure cookers sure have expensive prices but once you see them and feel them, you will find every reason to agree that they are well worth the price. This particular 2 set model is so lovely that my wife decided to get rid of most of her cookware as they both compliment each other so well. They can be used for almost everything we cook for our daily needs. The lids are interchangeable. This makes it so convenient to pressure cook veggies and lentils and then continue to use it with glass lid to make the final curry without having to transfer the cooked veggies and lentils to another cookware to make the curry. You can cook meat much faster and tastier without having to marinate for long.

The small one is so convenient if you have small babies and would like to feed them fresh boiled veggies, rice, or lentils. It saves lot of cooking time and the cook book that comes with it is wonderful. It gives you so many nice and simple receipes for everyone.

Couple of our guests got so impressed with this that they bought it right away from Amazon.com without waiting to get an incredible deal for it in their Amazon.com GoldBox like I did.

Excellent set, easy to use and will last beyond its ten year guarantee.I use the pressure frypan to cook macrobiotic rice or oatmeal. After 50 minutes of high pressure cooking, I get perfect brown rice or oatmeal(no sticking or burning).Once you know the stove setting required to maintain pressure, you can almost forget it.However, as with any cooking device, I monitor it periodically. The pressure pot and frypan have flat bottoms which makes food preparation and cleaning a breeze.The glass lid was a major selling point, as it enables conventional use of both pots.

My wife makes succulent turkey drumsticks in only eight minutes of cooking time.

None of the other brands, we previewed, appeared to be constructed as well as the Kuhn Rikon models.

Needless to say, our family considers this set a great value.More important,we use it almost daily.

Buy Kuhn Rikon 6-Piece Duromatic Duo Pressure Cooker Set Now



I received a 5-liter Duromatic pressure cooker as a gift 7 years ago, and wondered, "What on earth will I do with it?"Now I use it almost every time I cook.It is well-constructed and lives up to every promise they advertise: fast, healthful cooking has never been easier.If you love beans, there's no better way to cook them--dinner's ready in half an hour or less.Steam vegetables in 1 minute, cook a whole chicken in 19 minutes,or make perfect risotto with NO stirring in under 10 minutes from start to finish! You can make wonderful puddings and cheesecakes, too, with a little practice.

I ordered the "Duo" set to get the glass lid and the smaller cooker.Though I didn't need another 5L, it is quite handy to have two (I use it without pressure for cooking pasta or some soups.)The smaller (2L)size is wonderful for quickly cooking cereals, small quantities for babies or kids, or side dishes.

The recipe book provided with this set is extremely helpful and detailed, so don't be put off by having to learn the cooking techniques (Note to Kuhn-Rikon: a video or CD-ROM would be wonderful!I received a marketing CD-ROM a few years ago but IMO it should be in the box.)It can be tricky to convert recipes, the book contains thorough charts with cooking times for most foods, and once you get the basics down you'll be ready to start experimenting with your favorites.If you would like to cook with more whole grains and beans, this is a must-have.If you want that slow-cooked tenderness, but not the boring taste of Crock Pot cooking, pressure cooking is for you.Unlike the Crock Pot, the PC allows you to start with a saute', use the pressure to speed up your cooking time, and then add more delicate ingredients at the end so they stay crisp and colorful. Also, on a hot day like today, I appreciate that the shorter cooking time uses less energy and doesn't heat up the kitchen!

At first I had a hard time finding good PC recipes, but lately there seem to be more cookbooks coming out as the PC seems to be enjoying a bit of a revival.I just ordered Rick Rodgers' "Pressure Cooking for Everyone" and am happy to see more recipes for "gourmet" foods as well as everyday meals.

My only complaint, and it's a small one, is that I wish they sold custom cooking inserts for puddings and cheesecakes.The standard method is to cover your springform pan with foil and make a "harness" from foil to lift your pan in and out.You end up wasting a lot of foil, and it is easy to accidentally dump your dish on the way out. It would be great if they made an insert with a lid and handles to make this easier.

It would be hard to find a more versatile cooking tool, and I'm newly in love with my Duromatic(s) again after receiving my new set.BTW, the 7-year-old set is still perfect, not even the gasket has worn out, although it looks a bit shabby compared to the new styling and shiny finish of the new set.I can't say enough good things about Kuhn-Rikon or Duromatic.Give it a try!Here's to healthier, faster cooking in your home!

Read Best Reviews of Kuhn Rikon 6-Piece Duromatic Duo Pressure Cooker Set Here



I purchased the set for use on my boat where I wanted to save energy and time while preparing meals and have been using them for several months now.

I found the 5 liter pressure cooker to be great. It is extremely well made and if cared for I have no doubt that it will outlast me. The glass lid is also very useful if I want to use the cooker as a regular cooking pot, which I do quite often.

The 2 liter cooker is quite disappointing though. Since you are not supposed to fill a pressure cooker more than half full at best you only have 1 liter to work with. Even for one person this is not much. I have found that I can use the larger cooker and if I have smaller amounts to cook I just use a small metal bowl as an insert. I was hoping that it could double as a fry pan but it does not have a non-stick coating and the stainless steel is quite sticky.

If I were to do it again I would buy the 5 liter cooker and the glass lid separately.

Additional info: after having the fry pan for close to ten years the bottom is delaminating form the pan. I'm hoping I can get it replaced under the warranty before it runs out in a few months.

Want Kuhn Rikon 6-Piece Duromatic Duo Pressure Cooker Set Discount?



When I decided I wanted to buy a pressure cooker I "shopped" here at Amazon.com.The reviews were a great help.The pressure lid works like magic.It's so quiet.I also like having the 2 pot sizes.The smaller one is great for quick-cooking grains and beans.The larger one is great for cooking larger quantities or larger items like corn on the cob.I just cooked up some rice for rice pudding.Only 5 minutes!A really nice product.

Save 25% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment