Paderno World Cuisine 12-5/8-Inch Carbon Steel Ceramic Coated Frying Pan

Paderno World Cuisine 12-5/8-Inch Carbon Steel Ceramic Coated Frying PanThis is a generally very solidly built piece of cookware. It has a heavy feel but can be moved easily. The minute I received it I knew this was going to be my go to pan. I do not compare this to my All-Clad stainless steel fry pan. These are different beasts, in two separate categories. If you want non stick I have only 2 brands I would choose and thats the Paderno which is carbon steel with a ceramic non-toxic coat, and the Berghoff Virgo cookware which is also ceramic with either stainless steel core or aluminum core. I personally have an aversion to cookware with aluminum because if the surface breaks down you now have a certified toxic metal leaching into your food. The exception would be the All-clad D5 cookware where I doubt the surface would breakdown enough for the aluminum core to be exposed. But again that's a different beast. I was looking for something non-stick right out of the box. This fit the bill. That being said I have never owned a non stick pan that ultimately did not break down over time.(scanpan, diamond coat pans all of them) So I am going to assume this will break down as well over time but if it does it should still be relatively safe. This is my first ceramic coated cookware of any kind so I am hopeful it will stand the test of time. Which is why I give it only 4 stars. Have not had it long enough to see how it wears and will give a follow up edit of this review when an appropriate amount of time has passed. I'll also do a separate review of the Berghoff Virgo cookware which I just received. So far so good. Hope it stays that way.Definitely like the aesthetics. I don't think this will work with Induction cooking but the Berghoff will. Keep that in mind. Give this Paderno pan serious consideration if you want non-toxic and non-stick cookware. Very pleased so far. This rating could and should jump one star if the hype about ceramic coating is accurate.

Edited update: unfortunately it did not take much time for both the outside paint enamel and the inside non stick coat to start breaking down. Multiple scratches on both inside and out . Very little cooking done and then only on low medium flames. Just another flawed attempt at what is supposed to be non stick ceramic. Do not recommend this product.

Save 3% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment