Presto 07050 Cool-Touch Foldaway Griddle

Presto 07050 Cool-Touch Foldaway GriddleThe presto foldaway is a nice design with the large cooking surface and collapsable legs make it easy to store. Performance was way below what I expected. The heat is not evenly distributed at all. Even after letting it warm up for 10 to 20 minutes, the pancakes would come out with one half of one side nearly burnt, and the other half of the same side white. To avoid burning the pancakes you have to turn them before you should then the pancakes get puffy bumps on them because one side of the pancake is getting more heat on it, so the end result is a pancake that looks like volcano cake. Turning the temperature down didn't help either, it only took longer to get a pancake that looked the one I just described. While testing out the cooking surface, I was able to pour 9 pancakes, because of the uneven heating surface, the cakes on the outer edges cooked faster and the one on the top right nearest the control cooked much faster than the others. The one in the center had to be moved to the outside to finish cooking.



The only thing that folds is the side supports; when folded, it lays flatter but still takes up a lot of storage space.It cooks fairly evenly (a little hotter near the control) and really can cook 9 pancakes (or 9 eggs) at a time.It slopes slightly toward the front, which is great for bacon (drainage) but not so good for frying eggs (I sometimes shim the front sides to level it up).I haven't scratched the cooking surface yet, but I'm pretty careful with it.Overall I am very happy with it.

Buy Presto 07050 Cool-Touch Foldaway Griddle Now

I really enjoy this griddle.I don't have a ton of storage space so I needed a foldaway unit.The legs fold down so it's not more than 2" wide & you can easily slide it into a storage cabinet.The heating element works well there are a couple of less-hot spots, but nothing that makes the unit unworkable.The non-stick surface is also very easy to clean.

Read Best Reviews of Presto 07050 Cool-Touch Foldaway Griddle Here



We bought this griddle at Target for just under $40. We made 6 pancakes on it after we got it home, 4 in one batch, 2 the next. The pancakes turned out great, even better than when we used the pan on the stove. We didn't notice any cool spots. And it heated up quickly, while we prepared the batter. I believe we will get a lot of good use out of this. Also, the fact that it is fully submersible and dishwasher safe, after removing the plug in element, and has a catch tray for any grease, just makes it that much better.

Want Presto 07050 Cool-Touch Foldaway Griddle Discount?



I got this griddle for my birthday about a month ago as a gift.I'd been searching for a replacement for the old jumbo griddle I have because it's incredibly difficult to clean and too large for the number of people I normally feed. I've used this new griddle a couple times now and I have slightly mixed feelings for it.I really like how the plastic legs on the side fold under to make the storage profile a little smaller.The square shape also helps with storage because can fit into a cupboard easier.It's not as small as the griddles that fold in half for storage, but that's okay because I think the heating is more even this way.I wish that the control held the item/temp. equivalent chart that my old one did because now I have to look up what temperature I need for pancakes or sandwiches.The other thing that's unfortunate is that I wanted a griddle that would be easier to clean, but it turns out that the foldaway griddle is slightly wider than my sink is.I'm sure this isn't a problem if you have a dishwasher, but you might want to measure your sink before purchasing if you wash your electric griddle by hand.

On the plus side, the heating seems to be pretty evenly distributed if you let it warm up properly. And I was really surprised at how spacious the square design turned out to be.You can easily fit six good-sized pork chops on there without crowding them in the least.

(The reviewer was compensated for posting this review.However, the opinion stated in the review is that of the reviewer and the reviewer alone. Further, the reviewer independently selected this product to review and has no affiliation with the product maker/distributor, Amazon or the review requester.)

Save $0.01 Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment