Mauviel Mcook Collection Round Frying Pan, Stainless Steel

Mauviel M'Cook 5213.24 9.5 Inch Round Frying Pan, Cast Stainless Steel HandleNone of the stores around me carry it so I didn't get a chance to hold it--I bought it based on reviews and the Mauviel name. I really don't like the way this thing feels in my hand. The handle is too thin, and that makes it difficult to maneuver. And this is considering that I have small hands.

I've only cooked about 3 times on it, and it's already starting to develop some marks (no I'm not overheating the pan). Washing with a nylon (green) scrub pad leaves all kinds of swirly scratch marks. I have cast iron grates on my gas range, and just lightly moving this pan around leaves scratch marks on the bottom.

Yes it cooks evenly, and if you know what you're doing you won't have any sticking problems, but I don't think it performs any better than a standard forty-dollar tri-ply. I am less than impressed with its durability, considering its price.

I would consider other brands like All Clad, CIA, or even Calphalon.

Save 20% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment