Winware 3-Ply Stainless Steel Fry Pans

Winware 3-Ply Stainless Steel 12 Inch Fry Pan with Silicone SleeveGot fed up with teflon coated pans, the coating is just too fragile so they wear out quickly and the food ends up sticking anyway. Plus, I'm sure they're not the best for your health. So, I went for a plain old stainless pan instead and I don't regret it! This pan is well made, it has a nice weight to it, and the silicone grip makes it easy to handle. It heats evenly, and retains that heat beautifully. I find I don't have to turn my burner up nearly as high as I did with my old pan. I've mainly used it for cooking eggs and bacon in the morning, so I can't really comment on cooking anything else. But for those items, it's been a dream.

There's a bit of a learning curve with stainless though, you can't just turn the heat on, throw some oil and food in and expect things not to stick. You have to heat the pan for a couple minutes before you put the oil in, then let the oil heat up for a bit. The goal is to get the pan and oil hot enough to cause the water in the food to vaporize, creating a cushion between the food and the pan (or at least, that's what google told me). You'll have to experiment with different temperatures; you don't want it too cold, but you don't want it too hot either. Too much heat will break the oil down and cause things to burn and stick anyway. It takes a few tries to get the balance just right, but you'll figure it out. Once you do, it's better than non-stick! I can slide a serving of scrambled eggs out onto a plate without leaving a trace in the pan. I simply wipe the remaining oil residue out with a paper towel and it's ready for next time! And yes, you have to use oil for EVERYTHING. Even greasy things like bacon, or else it'll stick. The cold fat will adhere like glue. You don't need to use more than a teaspoon though, so it's probably not going to kill you.

By the way, if things do start to stick badly (and if you're anything like me, it will happen in the beginning... a lot), simply pour a bit of hot tap water into the hot pan on the stove (not cold water, you don't want to warp the metal!) and scrape around with a spatula. You'll easily get most of the gunk out that way. Then take it to the sink and use a scrubber pad (you can do that with stainless, yay!) and some soap to clean out the rest. Good as new, no big deal.

So, if you're willing to do a little experimenting and develop the skills required to use it, buy this pan! The ladies dig guys who know how to use a stainless steel pan correctly. At least, that's what I like to believe...



This skillet is one of the very best I have ever used. It is very easy to clean,not to heavy and the silicone handle really helps.I would highly recommend it.

Buy Winware 3-Ply Stainless Steel Fry Pans Now



Nice heavy pan. The weight is a real pleasure. (Yes it is heavy, it's supposed to be, say thank you, don't complain.) Takes longer to heat up on my crappy electric stove than a thinner non-stick pan. But it's supposed to. I can also cook with almost exactly half the heat that my Calphalon non-stick pans require. I haven't cooked with All-Clad or any of the high end pans, I specifically tried this hoping I wouldn't have to pay the premium price for those. (Though I do have a few pieces of Le Creuset cast iron. The big dutch oven and an 11.5 inch skillet. So I do know what good performance is.)

My only complaint is the color of the red/pink silicone handle cover. This is commercial cookware, so I get it. Bright colors in a fast and busy kitchen. The color doesn't look bad, it's just not a color I especially like.

Another reviewer complained that the silicone handle cover was too short. It is a heavy pan, I suppose I can understand the point if you wanted to use two hands or if you didn't have a lot of strength in your wrists. But once again, this is commercial cookware. Anyone working as a cook is going to be able to manage a pan one handed. The cover is certainly long enough and with some to spare, to grip safely with one hand and even two if you're careful and need to move a full pan across the room.

All in all, it cooks a lot like my Le Creuset 11.5 inch cast iron in terms of heat distribution. Not quite as good, but it cost 25% as much too. And it's a lot easier to take care of.

Finally this really is a 3-ply pan, layers go all the way up the sides. Very uniformly made. I almost didn't try this because it has so few reviews. I'm glad I did. Pick up some barkeepers friend and you're set.

Read Best Reviews of Winware 3-Ply Stainless Steel Fry Pans Here



This is a good quality pan and is heavy and sturdy. My only complaint is that the silicone sleeve isn't long enough over the handle. My hand has to hold the metal part also, to balance the heavy pan, and it is not comfortable at all. The handle is very thin and rough to the touch. Otherwise, the pan cooks food very quickly and cleans up well.

Want Winware 3-Ply Stainless Steel Fry Pans Discount?

It takes a little while to heat up properly but that's because of the thickness. I just wished I had bought a bigger one.

Save 43% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment