Berndes SignoCast Classic 13-Inch Skillet

Berndes SignoCast Classic 13-Inch SkilletBerndes makes the best non-stick skillets you'll ever use.Before ordering this one, make sure you really want the 13-inch model.It is HUGE.Really huge.Go to a store and make sure that this is really the size you want.Other than the enormous size, this thing is perfect.Perhaps the large size is what you're looking for, but not for me.

I am so happy with my choice. The last non-stick pan I had was warped, thin, and scarred. Everything stuck to it and it probably seeped toxic chemicals. So it took a while to decide to order this one, and even longer because I was afraid it would be too big, as some of the reviews implied. In the end, I decided to trust Susan V. of the Fat-Free Vegan Kitchen, who loves everything about this pan, including its 13-inch diameter. Most skillets I've owned have been slightly annoying because they're never quite big enough for whatever I want to cook in them. This one has enough room to cook two separate items (e.g. heat two veggie burgers and toast the buns--two tops and two bottoms--at the same time) and big enough to hold a large recipe of anything. The size would be even better if the sides of the skillet were a half to one inch higher, but I'm learning to be more careful in how I move the food around while cooking.The most surprising feature of this pan is its engineering--I don't know what else to call it. For its size, it is light weight, but the walls are thick and smooth. I didn't realize before that most of my cookware has "hot spots" where the food tends to burn first. This pan has no hot spots, and even when I turn the (gas) heat up to full throttle, the food cooks evenly. It produces nicely crisped food (made sauteed tempeh last night) on high heat without burning. My main reason for wanting a non-stick pan was for no-fat cooking, and this one is magic--all those foods that stick in other pans, even when I use oil, come out perfectly in this one, even when the pan is completely dry. And cleaning is a snap. Mostly I can give the pan a quick rinse and all food traces are gone, but if there's any residue from cooking, it comes off with a soft sponge (not a scrubby), soap and water. I have just ordered Berndes 13-Inch Glass Lid because my only means of covering a pan of this size is a large cookie sheet, and it's not ideal. So save yourself time and order the skillet and glass top at the same time.

Buy Berndes SignoCast Classic 13-Inch Skillet Now

I have a number of Berndes products and have been impressed with all of them.This SignoCast skillet is wonderful.The non-stick coating really worksfor everything.I've used it for meat, eggs, gravy and sauces and nothing sticks.It heats evenly and sits flat on the burner.This pan is LARGE but that's another reason I like it.If you don't want something this big, there are smaller sizes that might work better for you.A great product!

Read Best Reviews of Berndes SignoCast Classic 13-Inch Skillet Here

I cook on this thing about 3x's/day and the pan and coating are so poorly made it did not hold up. The coating is so thin that after a few uses you begin to see color changes in this product and over a period of a year it is complete garbage because everything is sticking to this!!!

Sorry to say but this item did not last long enough to justify the price of this thing.

I have seen all the glowing reviews on this product and wonder if any of these people work for the company? This is why I initially purchased my two pans due to all the glowing reviews but it is not worth it. Don't ask me what is worth it because at this point I do not know but do your research well.

For me that pan did not hold up and is poorly made no matter what the reviews say, it is one step up from the Target garbage with a fancy name and place it is made but nothing more from all I saw!!

Want Berndes SignoCast Classic 13-Inch Skillet Discount?

If you want the best in non-stick cooking, this is it! It's about 4mm thick, cast aluminium which means it will brown food just like cast iron.

I cooked a ribeye on it, just added generous pinch of salt/pepper and rubbed it with oil. Heated the pan and rubbed it with oil also. 3 minutes per side and i got a very good crust, and a medium rare in the middle.

I cooked eggs in it, made pancakes, steaks, meatballs, even pasta with flour based sauce. Nothing sticks.

I do recomend you pickup a lid for this. Like other person said, the pan is true 13 inches, but remember this is a skillet, and you want it to be shallow and have as much cooking surface as possible :)

Save 25% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment