Lodge Logic L17SK3 Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet, 17-inch

Lodge Logic L17SK3 Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet, 17-inchWith proper care this pan will last more than a lifetime. Most of the Cast Iron pans made in the late 1800's are still floating around. This pan can last that long too. While this pan is hugh and can cook lots and lots of food. It is better suited for outdoor cooking on a Campfire or a Turkey fryer base than useing in a kitchen. It is pretty big for a stove as you can have two burners heating it at once. I am glad I bought this pan. I also bought a smaller skillet for use on my home stove.

But for campfire cooking this is one of the most versitle pieces out there, you can fry in it, use it a a griddle and make monster pancakes. You can even whip up a big batch of Chili. If you likecamping or even backyard cooking this is a must have. I like to use mine with a Turkey deepfryer base as the heating element it works great.



I bought this specifically for making my homemade pizza. I've found that baking pizza in a cast iron skillet that was generously coated with shortening yielded wonderful results, whether one preferred thick (my choice), or thin crust (my wife's choice). It turns out a pastry-like crust that my extended family raves over. (Be sure to use a generous amount of olive oil in the dough..4 tablespoons per two cups of flour..)Baking it at 500 degrees is also part of the secret. The problem was that I previously had only the smaller 12" cast iron skillets, but this big boy allowed me to make a hearty pizza main course for four to five hungry adults. The cast iron also retained heat for quite a while, once out of the oven, so that my pizza stayed warm until the last slice had been eaten. Clean-up was a breeze..just wipe the pan out with a paper towel and give it a spray of cooking oil.

Buy Lodge Logic L17SK3 Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet, 17-inch Now



It's big, it's black, it's cast iron! I had the 15in skillet in my wish list for a long time when this one showed up in my gold box. I didn't even mind paying the higher price for a pre-seasoned piece which is a bonus for a skillet of this size. The two smaller handles on this one make it even easier to get in and out of the oven, not to mention giving it a better fit. It works just find on the stove top but will over hang the side a bit. A damp towell on the counter will help if your counter is not high heat proof. If you cook big meals for big crowds you're probably already in love with cast iron. Put this one on your list. And thank you Amazon; not many companies will wave shipping on somthing as heavy as cast iron.

Read Best Reviews of Lodge Logic L17SK3 Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet, 17-inch Here



This pan is an invaluable accessory on the burner you use for your turkey fryer.It's great cooking outside with this pan and the two loop handles make it easier to carry.And you'll need two hands to carry this pan. Also, the absence of the typical frying pan handle prevents it from being knocked or moved on the burner when working around it. If you're looking to cook large quantities of food quickly, don't hesitate to buy this pan!

Want Lodge Logic L17SK3 Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet, 17-inch Discount?

The Pre-seasoning makes this pan so easy to maintain and a dream to cook with. Nice large capacity, high heat cooking without worrying about toxic teflon chemicals absorbing into food. This is healthy cooking with easy non-stick clean up.

I love making pan pizza in this skillet, everything just tastes better. You won't be dissapointed. Just brought my expensive set of teflon down the basement and am replacing with Lodge Logic.

Save 34% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment