Joyce Chen 23-0001, 14 inch Lightweight Cast Iron Wok

Joyce Chen 23-0001, 14 inch Lightweight Cast Iron WokI just got this wok. It was absolutely perfect, no cracks etc. There are several of these new light weight cast iron woks on the market now here and on e-bay. I wanted a flat bottomed wok because they work best on a western stove. With a flat bottomed wok you don't need a wok ring and you have more surface area near the flame so you can get enough heat to do a proper stir fry. I also like the long wooden handle instead of a plastic one. It is also preseasoned so that you don't have to go through the hassle of seasoning it, although it really is pretty easy to do on these new cast iron woks.

This new cast iron is as much stronger than the thin traditional cast iron sometimes used in chinese made woks and much lighter than the heavy thick cast iron woks that are widely available. Just don't try to wash it when its hot as reportedly they can crack. I have worked with both thick and thin traditional cast iron and this is clearly the best. With the thinner cast iron you can make more rapid temperature changes than you can with heavy cast iron.

There are several other kinds of materials used in woks.I also like the new thin light weight cast iron better than carbon steel because usually those are not preseasoned and I often struggled with keeping them seasoned.Whatever you do don't get a nonstick coated wok as the coating is damaged and comes off at high temperatures required for stir frying. Also avoid stainless steel woks as meat tends to stick so you need to use a lot more oil. You can't develop a seasoned coating on stainless steel. In my opinion, stainless steel woks are good for steaming but not for stir frying.



This is a great WOK.I replaced an old non stick one.I can heat this Cast Iron one so much higher.Things cooked quickly and were not "steamed." Worked well on my stove top also -had to return several previously that were described as having a flat bottom, but when I received them the bottoms were not completely flat.Love that it is cast iron and I can use metal utensils.It really is lightweight.I have problems with my hands but was able to pick up the fully loaded Wok easily.

Buy Joyce Chen 23-0001, 14 inch Lightweight Cast Iron Wok Now



This wok is fantastic! I have used cheaper ones in the past, and have always been disappointed with the results. But I finally convinced my wife that spending 50$ on this would be worth it (we bought it at a store in the mall). I am so happy we bought it!

You can really see the quality of this thing. From the firm handle to the weight of the wok, the uniformity of it all is amazing. And it gets amazingly hot. My dinners now are absolutely amazing. I never knew my old wok just didn't get hot enough! I've used it three nights in a row now and want to keep using it!

I would definitely recommend this to anyone, as long as they know how to take care of their cookware because I would hate to see someone ruin this expensive wok by throwing it hot into a sink or not maintaining it correctly!

The lady in the store also mentioned that she wished she bought the cast iron one as opposed to her carbon steel one after I made it to the register.

Read Best Reviews of Joyce Chen 23-0001, 14 inch Lightweight Cast Iron Wok Here



First and second orders were both delivered with one of the woks damaged with a huge crack which almost broke the wok in halves.I thought it was due to poor handling and shipping so complained to Customer Service, returned damaged woks, and got replacement.Undamaged wok does look good, until you start using it.I used it to cook only once and handled it with care. Before I had a chance to use it again the next day, a 3-4 inch crash showed up !!!

Want Joyce Chen 23-0001, 14 inch Lightweight Cast Iron Wok Discount?

I own a glass top electric stove (GE Profile). It isn't easy to cook at a high temperature, but Joyce Chen's lightweight cast iron wok heated rapidly and cooked quickly with minimal splattering on my stove top. Another concern was that the wok might slip around the burner as I stirred and scratch the glass top. Although there was a small bit of slipage, the glass burner was not scratched. Perhaps this is because the bottom of the wok is fairly smooth rather than rough as some cast iron fry pans tend to be. Although warned to delay dipping in or filling with water while the pan was still hot for fear of cracking, I was pleased that the pan cooled quickly within 30-40 minutes and then could be washed. The entire process of cook and clean was simple with little mess and great results. I am very satisfied with my purchase. So take heart all you glass top stove owners; stir frying works wonderfully with this pan on a glass top electric stove!

Laurie Wiedmann...Helena, Mt.

Save 28% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment