Flat Cast Iron Frying Pan / Pancake Griddle / Skillet

Flat Cast Iron Frying Pan / Pancake Griddle / SkilletGreat little pan, perfect size; holds/makes enough yet easy to clean. Well made, solid yet light. I did not season it before I used it, it appeared well seasoned and was! I really like this pan. You can make breakfast, pancakes, crepes, etc. Buy it!

Eggs and pancakes stuck to the pan surface. The rough surface is okay for bacon if one does not mind splattering grease.However, that was just a test as I don't eat bacon and I may have cooked the bacon wrong.When I do cook bacon for others, I use my George Forman appliance and the bacon comes out perfect every time.But eggs stuck to the pan until I spent an hour smoothing the surface with a stone and drill grinder.Eggs then had a metalic taste until I learned from the Internet how to season it.No instructions for use or care came with this pan.I since bought a like pan that has a smooth, milled surface and after I seasoned it, I made the best tasting eggs I have had since I was a kid.I am giving away this pan to Purple Hearts Vets, Good Will, or the like.All this is just the subjective opinion of one 72-year-old man from Rhode Island now living in Maryland. My mom had a cast iron pan and as a kid, I cooked delicious pan toast aka 'Texas' toast but using regular bread and margerine.That was in the 1950s.One of my six elder sisters took the pan after mom passed.

Buy Flat Cast Iron Frying Pan / Pancake Griddle / Skillet Now



Flat Cast Iron Frying Pan / Pancake Griddle / SkilletNo instructions for use or care.Was not preseasonedMy own seasoning did little to remedy the problem of the cooked product sticking like glue to the pan surface.May be okay for bacon, but definitely not for cooking eggs or pancakes unless you don't mind having to spend 5 minutes scouring of the remainder off the cooked product adhered to the surface of the pan.

Read Best Reviews of Flat Cast Iron Frying Pan / Pancake Griddle / Skillet Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment