Cuisinart GW22-30H Greenware Aluminum Eco-Friendly Nonstick 12-Inch Skillet with Helper Handle

Cuisinart GW22-30H Greenware Aluminum Eco-Friendly Nonstick 12-Inch Skillet with Helper HandleI used the 12" Cuisinart Greenware skillet (GW22-30H) for approximately 6 months with reasonable satisfaction. The coating was not as "nonstick" as other pans that I have used, as it was not easy to get eggs to slide around on the surface even upon the very first use. Liberal use of cooking spray, butter, or oil is required with this pan. However, this is not what warranted the single-star rating.

After 6 months of cooking with it over a gas range, the pan was still pristine,* and I moved to a new apartment with an electric-coil-type stove. I added water to the pan (~1"), turned on the heat, and added 5 sausage links. After cooking (at a low boil) and cleaning the pan, a circle was clearly visible where the nonstick coating had been completely destroyed/removed -the circle corresponding to the location of the electric coil underneath. In addition, discoloring in the locations where the 5 sausage links had cooked were also visible. This baffled me, because the water and meat should have absorbed the heat of the pan rapidly enough to prevent damage to the surface.

Prior to this incident, drying the pan was a cinch; the water simply beaded up and slid off of the nonstick surface with ease. Now, the water "wets" the surface inside the damaged circular region, and beads up outside of it where the nonstick coating remains intact.

The skillet is now completely useless. Worst of all, I probably ingested a great deal of the plastic coating. I am currently awaiting a response to see if I can get in-store credit for this $80 skillet. I would not want a free replacement.

* The pan had only ever been hand-washed with a soft sponge (never scrubbed), it was never heated without food on it to absorb the heat, and to my knowledge no metal has ever contacted the nonstick surface, even in the sink or drying rack.

I recently purchased this pan as a replacement for a heavier version of the same pan I owned and loved (which a guest used a scouring pad on and ruined). I have used it a month, and the pan's bottom has warped badly. I do not use it on high heat -a notch above medium is as hot as it gets. Still it is so warped now that it rocks on the stovetop, and therefore does not cook food evenly.

Buy Cuisinart GW22-30H Greenware Aluminum Eco-Friendly Nonstick 12-Inch Skillet with Helper Handle Now

so we've been experimenting with stir fry at home and have uses this skillet with ease. a little easoning with sauted onions and lots of portobello mushrooms with chicken breasts come out great. the skillet heats pretty evenly and the helper handle comes in handy. it also feels good to buy cuisinart greenware products as we do make a lot of effort at home to be as green as possible.

Read Best Reviews of Cuisinart GW22-30H Greenware Aluminum Eco-Friendly Nonstick 12-Inch Skillet with Helper Handle Here

The no-stick surface seems to be wearing nicely. I only use wooden or silicon utensil with it. However, the pan warped after the first use on higher heat. On a gas range this is no big deal, but on a ceramic or other electric range, it makes the pan perform poorly since heat transfer is no good.

Want Cuisinart GW22-30H Greenware Aluminum Eco-Friendly Nonstick 12-Inch Skillet with Helper Handle Discount?

I've had this for maybe a couple of months, and so far, i totally love it. I use it almost every day. My mom has had one for awhile, she loves hers and told me to get one. Nothing sticks so far. I am being very careful with it and washing it carefully and not scrubbing or anything. I am treating it gentle and keeping it clean. I have to remember to turn the burner down. I think that's important. My electric stove is crap (very disappointing for a Kenmore), and I have to always turn it on high at first or it will never heat up. then I turn it down. I have cooked eggs, hamburgers, salmon patties, mass quantities of veggie stir fry and fried rice, sauteed chicken tenders, tilapia,delicious fried onions, french toast, grilled cheese, and matzo brei. I didn't get a lid for it. I use a cookie pan for a lid. works fine. I like it ALOT. so far so good.

Save 50% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment